CHSPR’s 35th annual health policy conference, March 9-10, 2023, at the Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Harbourfront, explored different lenses of measuring value in health care.
Value-based health care work that we have found useful:
- Volume 18(4) of Healthcare Policy is focused on value-based care. Articles include several by conference speakers and organizers:
- Jason M. Sutherland. A Problem of Money and Health: The Need for Value in Healthcare (Editorial).
- Fiona Clement. Value-Based Healthcare: Is It Just Another Buzzword? (Perspectives On Value In Healthcare).
- Mylaine Breton et al. Use of Electronic Medical Record Data to Create a Dashboard on Access to Primary Care (Research Paper).
- This issue of the 20Sense Report focuses on the goals and opportunities for value in healthcare:
- Villalba E (ed.) Value-Based Healthcare in Canada: How the shifting paradigm will impact specialty medicine. 20Sense Report (22); October 2022.
- This report from the King’s Fund (UK) shares learning and insight from three NHS hospital trusts that have developed organisation-wide strategies for value improvement:
- Jabbal J, Lewis M. Approaches to better value: improving quality and cost. The King’s Fund. October 2018.
- The Conference Board of Canada: Value-Based Healthcare Canada